Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Feeding Your Face in New York

It's been a few days since I updated and I have a million things to write about as a result. Today, however, I only want to talk about food. I'm a huge fan of good food. As my husband will happily confirm, I am a power house in our kitchen and love feeding those I care for. Food is a major part of my southern roots and to deny such would be nothing short of blasphemy! Lately I've been on a Thai food binge. New York is full of Thai restaurants, it's true, but I have a favorite. And that's what I want to talk about today.

Pam Real Thai Restaurant is a tiny hole in the wall on the corner of 9th Avenue and 49th street, tucked behind a bodega. The food here is unbelievably good and, even better for those who come to New York to chase their dreams, it's cheap. The entree prices range from $6.50 to $18, the most expensive being the whole fish items. The name of the place, however, should be your first clue that something special is about to go down in your face. With the plethora of Thai resaurants in this city, there are very few who tout an original menu. Pam, however, gives you all the "American" staples of Thai cuisine and then some. From pad thai to pla lui suan, there's something sure to tickle your fancy on the menu:

Pam Real Thai

I'm quite glad this resataurant is not in my neighborhood, darlings, because I would undoubtably have my ass parked in a seat there daily. As it is, I have designated this joint as my official lunch spot when meeting friends in the city for more than a cup of tea, and it's certainly one of my favorite things to eat when lazing about with friends who live in midtown.

I'm absolutely mad for this place and, if you haven't had the pleasure of putting Pam's food in your face, then I suggest you go now. But call me first, because I'm hungry!

2 comments:

Sunday Savant said...

I like it too. It tastes real good!

Unknown said...

this makes me very happy. and hungry.